Sunday, September 27, 2015

Camping... Without Dad

Bad and good news: my dad and I are not traveling together now - the story unfolds below but let me assure you - it was hard for me to say goodbye to my camino hoser pal :,(

So: I was thinking of stopping walking because I've been getting no sleep!! I'm a light sleeper and prone to insomnia so throw snorers and bunk bed jigglers into the mix and not being able to wear earplugs with my bad ear.... I was starting to lose it. 

Then I was standing in the square outside the cathedral and ran into Briane "bree yawn" - a cool girl from Australia I'd met about a week ago. I told her I was going to stop unless I found a way to camp and she said she'd been hoping to find someone to camp with! :) my dad wants to continue on staying in Albergues.

So tonight's briane and my first night camping and we met two Swiss girls who are traveling with their dogs so we're camping with them tonight in a farmer's field and hope to catch the lunar eclipse. 

It was sad to say goodbye to dad but I know I can always arrange to meet with him in a town if I need to, and we plan to meet for sure in Leon but that's not for 10 more days or so. 

I think it will be good for Dad to have some space from me as I was fairly hard on him at times. He said he's looking forward to walking alone for a bit but just hopes he doesn't get too lonely.

Dad n I stayed in Burgos for two days and  two nights. There is an incredible gothic cathedral there and Dad was quite blown away by it. We also visited the museum of human evolution, which was very well-done.


1 comment:

  1. People need their space sometimes. That's okay. Glad to see you're both still trekkin it! :)

    ReplyDelete