Saturday, August 22, 2015

WOW! That was quick!

Bruce: Wow! Hailey set up this blog in just an hour or so! I told you she was pro-active! I would never have thought of this or known how to do it.
I am very proud of my smart daughter! http://thewayfatherdaughter.blogspot.ca/

WHY I AM "PRIVILEGED"

I am "privileged" as Hailey wrote to such a long retreat because I am self-employed and can basically take off whatever time I want. Besides, this is usually a fairly slow period in my work as I do a lot of marriage preparation, and couples most often get married in the summer.

So, it is a good time to take some R & R, although if the Camino is anything like when Grace and I went last year, it will be anything but rest and relaxation. By the way, Grace is not coming this year because of leg problems she experienced last year.

Maybe I am crazy doing this again, but the Camino is still there, I only did 300 km of it last year, and I like to finish what I start, which is the other 500km. In some ways I am doing this all ass-backwards. Last year we started 300km from the end and finished in Santiago, and this year I am starting at the beginning and will not get to the end.

Maybe my ego is driving this whole thing (and we know how that usually ends up!) but this time I am much better prepared for the hardship (and the bedbugs!)



No comments:

Post a Comment